Cannabis cloning is a great way to save genetics from a mother plant or to make a large number of plants quickly. Clones are taken by cutting a healthy growing branch about 1 centimeter from a node at a 45 degree angle. After cutting, dip the clone in a hormonal rooting gel and insert into a sterile moist rock-wool cube. Next, place the clone in a small pot under a low amount of light (CFLs, T5’s and LED’s work great) for about 4-10 days until they shoot new roots out of the cube. Plant immediately after roots show to prevent them from drying or rotting. A humidity dome is recommended to increase moisture availability while roots are forming.
What You Will Need
- A “mother” plant to take cuttings from
- Sharp pair of scissors or a razor blade
- Rockwool cubes or other rooting medium
- Cloning gel (or powder)
- Low wattage grow lights – CFLs work great, other grow lights can be used if kept further away, or sunlight will also do the trick
- (Optional) Aeroponic Cloning Machine OR
Standard Humidity Dome (7″ Vented Dome & Tray)
- (Optional) Heating Mat
Cover with a humidity dome (optional) and place under blue spectrum florescent lights. Make sure that your rooting medium stays moist but not wet for 5-10 days or until there are visible new roots poking about, then its time to transplant into your soil or hydro containers.